Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekly blog

Highlight
I got my observation done, it went well. : )

I think the highlight of my week has been working with students and seeing them change. Some students are much more mature by this point in the year, and it is just crazy to see them go from bubbly kidsto high schoolers.

Approaches and thoughts
One approach I will use is changing lessons for each period. I had my fourth period, which is full of indecent learners and good readers, do the same assignment as third period. They didn't need the same modeling and got bored, so I lost them. In the future, Ill be brief with them and let them work because the class functions best that way.

Perplexing
I have a student who is constantly absent and was finally there today. She was really disgruntled and actually yelled at me, and I was so surprised I didn't know what to do. So I guess my perplexing situation is when students actually genuinely surprise you, what do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment